Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Stone Update

Well, I am doing okay with this kidney stone! Let me just say how grateful I am for the Priesthood in my home. I know that I would not have been where I am today if it wasn't for the blessings Brady was able to give me.

Since the last post, I spent an entire day at the hospital. It all started at 7:30 am when the pain woke me up. Brady so kindly placed pain medication, the hot pad, and something to drink on my night stand before he left for work just in case I needed them. Of course I called him and told him what was going on. After about 3 hours or intense pain and throwing up uncontrollably I asked Brady to come home. He ended up taking me to the ER because I couldn't stop throwing up and I couldn't get the pain under control. After some Zofran and Morphine in the ER I was still in pain. They did an ultrasound and found that there was fluid in my kidney (meaning the stone was stuck). My actual doctor that I have been seeing through this entire pregnancy was in surgery and once he got out he came to see me. He was able to get me some GREAT pain medication and some better medication to control my nausea. I was then taken to make sure that our baby boy was alright. After hours of being hooked up to the monitors, everything seemed perfect. His heart beat was strong and not one single contraction, which would have terrified me if there was. I was able to get some sleep and then go home in a MUCH better condition than going to the hospital. Since then I have had one attack that lasted a few hours and luckily Brady was here to help me. I have been doing really well and even spent 12 hours at the hospital on Sunday for clinical!

So things are going much better and I am still on antibiotics and other meds to help pass this stone. I'm starting to think that I passed it and didn't even know it since I haven't had a bad attack for a few days!

Cooper is doing great and growing! While we were hooked up to the monitors, there was this weird constant sound for a little while and I asked the nurse what it was. She said that he had the hiccups! It was cute to hear them and comforting to know that he is growing!


PECK said...

awwww! what a sweet baby! So cute you could hear his hiccups!!

Also, WHY DIDNT YOU CALL ME!?!? I would have been there in half a second to take care of you/take you to the hospital!! I'm so sad you got another kidney stone, but I'm SO glad it's gone...hopefully they stay away! Relax and let me know if you need anything!! ESPECIALLY if Brady is at work! silly girl!

PS I'm SOOOO excited to hang out with you today and see New Moon!

PECK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

Oh, I hope you already passed the stone.

That is super cute about Cooper having the hiccups on the monitor. Glad he is doing well despite his Mom being in so much pain :(

Bree said...

Oh Kelsey!! I'm so sorry to hear you've been dealing with kidney stones again! That's AWFUL!! Sounds like you are doing better though, so that's great!! Hopefully you'll be 100% better SOON and be able to enjoy the holidays and continue getting ready for sweet baby Cooper to come! Please let me know if I can do anything to make life easier, and sorry I didn't know sooner so I could've helped when it was needed!

Amanda Petersen said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing better! I feel so bad for you and I hope that everything goes better for you. I'm glad that Cooper's doing well though. We hope that the rest of your pregnancy goes well.