Monday, December 20, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Friday, December 10, 2010
Our conversation went a bit like this:
Me: "well, i've been sick so maybe i just look ill."
Guy: "no, do you usually wear makeup?"
Me: I laughed and said, "yup, but with my pink eye i am not wearing any."
Guy: "oh, well you look a lot different."
NOT even 10 minutes later a woman i work with told me I looked better.
Me: "thank you. I'm not wearing any make up so i take that as a good compliment."
Woman: "many women have natural beauty and i think you look pretty without makeup."
So many people have different opinions. I knew this little fact but it struck me hard yesterday. The days where I feel ugly and down someone else (besides my amazing husband) thinks I'm beautiful!
Isn't that a little comforting to know?
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
TUESDAY: I went to work first thing in the morning. I felt awful and still sounded awful. I was scheduled but no one was able to come in and cover for me. Brady stayed home with Cooper in the morning until the 24 hours on the drops were up. He went to the doctor and picked up a slip that said Cooper was no longer contagious and took him to daycare. When I picked Cooper up at daycare he looked terrible! He just stared at me and could care less about what was going on. He coughed all the way home. Once we go home he was so clingy and wouldn't let me put him down. I gave him some tylenol and tried everything to get him to calm down. The only thing that worked was if I was standing and he was laying his head against my chest with his arms between us. Not fun! My arms were exhausted and I just wanted to curl up and sleep myself. Of course, as soon as Brady got home he was happy and cheerful like nothing was the matter. REALLY? I was a little upset about the whole thing. He went to sleep before 7 and slept until 8:30!
WEDNESDAY: I had called my work yesterday telling them that I would not be able to come into work becaue my baby was really sick. They were able to get someone to come in for me!! So I am home with Cooper. We are both feeling better than yesterday. Cooper is happy, cheerful, playing, and eating! His eyes look a million times better and not much of a cough today. Here is a picture of him this morning. Brady is still feeling sick and getting worse. I feel bad that he has to go to work today :( He's coming home for lunch so hopefully he can sit and relax for a few minutes.So hopefully we all start feeling better. It's a crazy time at work for the both of us. Without family or friends we struggle juggling work, a sick baby, and our own sickness. All of this will pass!
Friday, December 3, 2010
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Also, I have the cutest most happiest baby in the world!!! I love him SO much and he's the best little boy.
-A few posts ago I mentioned how he doesn't want baby food anymore. Well, he would still eat it but preferred other food. After Thanksgiving he has decided to NOT want to eat baby food or even a bottle. His bottle he'll only drink a few ounces and push it away. Food...he pushes away. BUT he has had shredded chicken, waffles, toast, grilled cheese, garlic bread, mashed potatoes, french fries (just 3 little pieces), ice cream (screamed when we wouldn't give him more), frozen vegetables and more things I can't think of. He doesn't like fresh fruit. His face goes sour and then spits it out. He says mama and dada all the time!
-He started to crawl using his feet and hands and not on his knees or belly.
-He's more interested in the plug to the Christmas lights than the tree itself!
-his top right tooth finally popped through
-His body is all bruised from the falls he's been taking. His most recent is right in the middle of his forehead!
-He weighs 19.7 pounds, 27 inches long. His head is small but the doctor says it's growing consistantly so nothing to worry.
-He's wearing 12 month clothes now!
So that's the rundown on Mr. Coop. He's loud, happy, smiley! We couldn't ask for a more perfect baby!
Monday, November 22, 2010
- our home. it's not perfect. it's not ours. but it keeps us safe and warm. a place to go home to. and along with our home - our stuff in it!
- family. especially my boys. all 3 of them! how lucky am i to have such handsome men in my life. i know i will be taken good care of when i get old.
- our jobs. even though i hate having to work i am grateful for my job. our house is warm, bills are paid, we have plenty of food, clean clothes, and even a little extra to go out on dates, or buy plane tickets to MICHIGAN!
- vehicles. we have 3 that run. nothing fancy, just perfect for our needs.
- brady. he gets me through each and every day. i don't handle stress well..at all! my heart starts acting up and my body starts hurting. i start to shake and can't control the tremors. i have a problem with stress and always have. but just a simple phone call or text from brady calms me down and helps me relax. since i've started working, i often find a little note on my windshield. and just this weekend i found a picture of cooper in my front seat. how thoughtful and sweet of him! he lets me sleep in when i didn't get home until after midnight that morning. cleans the house while i've been gone. he even puts the clothes away!! he tells me i'm beautiful every day. his kisses make my knees weak. his hugs make me feel safe and loved. he's so gentle and kind to everyone. he loves his family and hates being away from them. he loves me more than i ever imagined my husband would!
what are you grateful for??
Now aren't you curious how I lost all that weight in one month?? My job! I am always on my feet. And by always - I mean 8+ hours STRAIGHT. I still am running behind schedule, which means I don't sit down until I am done on the floor. The other nurses that see me working joke around about how fast I can walk. The other night I was even asked if everything was okay because I was walking so slow (it happened to be the one night I was ahead of schedule). Some of my aids have even told me that they consider working as their cardio workout. Agreed! So the only times I sit are when I chart...after I'm off the floor. Also, I don't eat lunch or anything at all during that time. I have no time to get my work done and eat. Eventually I will be better at organizing my time and I will have that half hour to chill. But until then...I guess I will keeping losing the pounds!
Thursday, November 18, 2010
he tends to dive head first into his spoon full of food!
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Oh and on that note...we think Cooper will LOVE opening presents. His favorite toy or form of entertainment is paper. Any type of paper. Brady had a soccer magazine on the floor. It was torn to shreds within minutes! Cooper had a BLAST ripping it apart and shaking it around. When we go to restraunts...give him the children's menu to play with. It keeps him busy almost the entire time. The other times that it doesn't occupy him...give him a straw cover. Works like a charm!
So we're pretty excited for the holidays this year. It will be great fun with the little man of ours and all his energy!
Monday, November 8, 2010
- opening cupboards. he figured this one out and has done it only a few times. hopefully he doesn't figure it out again any time soon.
- giggles ALL the time!!! brady has told me several times "he is always laughing!" maybe we look funny to him??
- said "dada" for the first and only time. brady was on speaker phone and i always tell cooper to say "hi dada". this time he breathed in real deep and whispered "dada". brady didn't even hear it :(
- he has no fear. he'll be standing against the furniture, spin around real fast and throw himself to the ground. he serioulsy pushes off the couch and falls with as much energy as he can. he then gets up and does it again, over and over. if he's on the furniture and we are not holding him...he will throw himself over the edge. i have only had to catch him once half way off the bed. he doesn't get very many chances to do anything that courageous.
- still has a ton of energy. brady and i will be on the floor playing with him. he crawls over to brady, stands up against him, does his spin move and throws himself to the floor. then he crawls over to me and does the same thing. once again, he does this like 5 minutes straight before he gets onto something else. oh and don't forget the giggles. he's laughing and squealing the whole time!
- he absolutely loves bath time. remember the whole "no fear" he has going on? i turned the water to the tub on. as usual cooper comes crawling in as fast as he can, naked, ready to get in the tub. i turned my back for a second and the next thing i see is cooper balancing (on his tummy) on the edge of the tub trying to reach the running water. the funniest part was his little legs weren't touching the ground but they were kicking trying to get a little farther. and to add to it he was giggling as usual :) i would've grabbed the camera but you can imagine what my reaction was!
- he loves, loves, loves hair. he will crawl up to me giggling and laughing...so i think he wants to play. when he gets to me and stands up the first thing he does is reach for my hair and yank on it as hard as he can. and not just the top layer...it's almost always the bottom little hairs at the back of your neck. OUCH! he does this to brady too but he will grab whatever he can. surprisingly, my hair is grabbed WAY more than my glasses.
- his new favorite spot is the window. unfortunately we have 3.5 windows total in our whole place. the one in the living room is low enough for him to look out.
well, that's all for now. he's napping and i'm so ready for a nap. i have a meeting i have to go to for work...mandatory if i want to get paid. blah.
oh and pictures will come sometime soon. promise. i am going to go buy a new computer cord today.
Friday, October 29, 2010
It's our first family picture...and only family picture with Kegan. For some crazy reason our camera had died the day we had Kegan. So, the only pictures we have are the few (and I mean 5 or 6) pictures the hospital gave us. I forgot that I had scanned them onto the computer and I am so happy that I did it because I can't figure out how to use the scanner anymore! This picture was the first time I got to hold him. He was the littlest and cutest baby I had ever seen. Even as little as he was he had dark brown hair, daddy's nose, daddy's feet, and mommy's little lips. I still remember everything about that day, the worst and best day of my life. The day I became a mother.
Friday, October 22, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
I bet you all are sick of hearing about Cooper. BUT he is the coolest little dude on the planet! AND it's the only time my mom gets to see pictures of him.