Sunday, April 11, 2010

Graduation 2010

After two long years of nursing school...I FINALLY made it to the end! It's been a long road and super challenging. The excitement began when my Dad came to see graduation and to spend time with Cooper. He hasn't been here in Idaho since we moved here over 2 years ago. It's been so fun having him here! He is an AMAZING cook and has been a lot of help around the house.

On Friday night we had a nursing pinning ceremony. We all were dressed in white and had a special ceremony just for us. Unfortunately our camera battery was dead so I didn't have any pictures with me but I hope to get some from friends sometime soon.

Saturday morning was the actual graduation. Elder Jay E. Jensen came to speak to us and his talk was amazing. It seemed as though the ceremonies went on and on and on but it was worth it. It's great to feel somewhat accomplished in my education. Unfortunately, I still have to go to clinical a few more times, prepare and retake the exit exam, and prepare and take the NCLEX exam. So once all that is done I will feel complete! I'd like to thanks my Grandparents for everything they have done. Without their help I would not have been able to get the education that I have. And of course Brady! Poor guy has been through as much stress as I have trying to support me through the stressful times, long nights, and frustrating homework assignments. He also took off work just to stay home with Cooper so that I could spend as much time as possible doing school work and getting as much sleep as I could! He's been so much help and I know that I couldn't have done it without him!

Here are a few pictures from graduation...I hope you enjoy:
My Dad came to support me

My little family

Just received my diploma (well, it's empty cover)

Suzy! Our boy's are less than 1 week apart


5 comments:

Alisha said...

Yay!! We're so proud of you and all the hard work has finally paid off!!

Kevin ♥ Maryann ZELLER said...

so happy for you Kelsey! Super glad you got to spend some time with Dad

Ty and Masha said...

Congratulations, that is such an achievement especially with a newborn on your hands. You guys are both so awesome.

Amanda Petersen said...

Yay! Congratulations! That is so exciting and such an accomplishment. You look great and I'm so happy for you!

Tia Saxton said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you! Cooper is growing up so much. We think he looks kind of like Gabe. He is so cute!!!