Thursday, August 25, 2011

C.R.A.Z.Y day

It all started yesterday.

Crew was acting weird all day and whined/cried a lot (I forgot to mention that the doctor says he's colicy - oh joy!). Crew usually whines constantly but this was much worse. Last night he was whining all night long. I nursed him FOREVER and held him, rocked him, bounced him...tried everything I could think of. Nothing relaxed the little man. Oh what a night that was. I think I got about 3 hours of sleep...maybe. And it was more of 30 minutes here and there. It continued throughout the day. ALL day. He cried the loudest I've heard him yet and nothing has completely relaxed him. I decided the boys needed to get out of the house so we ran to Walmart for a few things. He passed out and slept for a while (a huge blessing in my day). Then he whined for a few more hours and now he's passed out. FINALLY!!! I hope and pray tonight our little boy will be comfortable enough to sleep so I can rest.

Cooper has had a fever on and off the last couple days. I thought it was just him teething but I'm starting to think otherwise. He has a rash that looks like heat rash but it started out small last week and is now covering his entire body from chest to knee and it's only on one side. It's feverish and raised. Also, I can feel a gland on the black of his head that is HUGE and swollen. It doesn't seem to bother him but I called today and got him in to see a doctor tomorrow. He went to bed perfectly last night. No problem there. He even slept for 13 hours straight. Not a peep from him all night. This morning he woke up crying, which is unusual for him. I offered him breakfast and he ate maybe half a waffle. He was pretty content all morning. Then he was super excited and was playing on the couch. All of a sudden I see him trip and fly towards the window and he fell head first to the ground. I was nursing Crew so I quickly laid him down and ran to Cooper. I did a very quick assessment of his head, neck, back, arms, legs, face. Nothing was broken!! He whined for less than a minute, grabbed his blanket and binky then sat in my lap for a few minutes. Oh it was scary. He has no bumps, bruises, or red marks. Not sure how that happened! Then it was bath time. He has this issue with not sitting down in the tub. He's very confident standing and walking. As he was standing for me to take him out he slipped and smacked his face on the edge of the tub. He screamed, I pulled him out and did another glance around his face. Once again, no bleeding, all teeth were intact, and no redness/swelling! Seriously, so blessed! He searched for his binky, grabbed his blanket, and sat in my lap for a few minutes.

Now, it may not seem very bad. However, I am exhausted and my hubby is at his company annual meeting in Boise. Tomorrow evening can not come fast enough!!

This section of the post is after I had posted this. The night got more interesting...

I had put Cooper down in bed at 8 as usual. He played and then started crying - not usual. He started to say "owe" over and over. I let him go thinking he'd fall asleep. During that time I saw a status on my nurse managers facebook saying something about a poisonous caterpillar that causes a bad rash and fever. Well, Cooper has a bad rash and fever. So I started freaking out and researching as much as I could. I called the ER and had to leave a message...that's right. I LEFT A MESSAGE. How dumb is that? After about an hour of finding nothing out and talking with Brady we decided I should just take him in to be safe. I got the boys loaded up and headed to the ER. We were checked in - Cooper did not have a fever at that point and the nurse said it looks like a strep throat rash. She asked me a couple questions like "is he sticking things down his throat?" Well, it's hard to tell when he's chewing on his fingers and binky constantly. Anyway, we were sent out into the waiting room. We waited for about 30 minutes when I heard the receptionist tell someone that they had no rooms available, two ambulances just came in, and a helicopter just landed - it could be at least 2 hours and she had 3 people in front of her. At this time Cooper was acting fine and starting to be really crazy. I ended up leaving and praying that we would be fine throughout the night until his appointment today. Well, the night was RIDICULOUS. Here's how it went:

11:30 - cooper went down. I ate (for the first time that day) and cleaned up and went to sleep at 1:30.
3:00 - Cooper woke up screaming. I gave him some milk and he went back down around 3:30.
4:30 - Crew woke up. Fed/changed him. Went down around 5:00
6:00 - Cooper woke up screaming. A TERRIBLE scream. I got him some milk and he refused that. We ended up getting up and watching Monsters, Inc. He calmed down and went back to bed at 6:30. He finally took the full dose of Tylenol for me.
8:15 - Crew up and awake until 9:30.
10:30 - Cooper is up and eating toast! He ate just about all of it!!

All in all, I am tired. I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband who is amazingly helpful!! And I am so grateful these nights don't occur more often!!


McKenna said...

What a crazy day!!! Hopefully everything returns to normal for you soon!

dsi マジコン said...

Wonderful blog. I am searching awesome news and idea. What I have found from your site, it is actually highly content. You have spent long time for this blog. It's a very useful and interesting site. Thanks !