Thursday, February 24, 2011

Spoke too soon...

{There's a lot of details and maybe TMI in this post. If you're not interested...don't go on!}



there was a post about how different this pregnancy was compared to the other two. And one of the comparisons was the "pain" I was or was not feeling. I think I jinxed myself. I am super super constipated. Like always taking stool softeners with no luck. The doctor even felt my belly and said "are you usually this lumpy and bumpy?" Of course not...so we're trying to eat more fiber, drink more water, and take more stool softeners. But in the mean time...I developed a hernia. ha. Can you believe that? And it sure does hurt like a hernia. So we're just going to keep on watching out for that and hope things get better.

Also, I am miserably sick. Before we went on vacation to Michigan I started having symptoms of a sinus infection (green snot, drainage, head cold for about 2 weeks). While we were in Michigan it started to get worse and I had pain in my sinuses. Not like pressure build up but actual pain...like pins and needles. Since then my face has swelled up over my sinuses, more snot, sore throat, cough, and awful headaches constantly. I went to the doc and they prescribed me some antibiotics and said if I didn't feel better by thursday to go back in. Well, Wednesday I literally could not get off the couch. Thankfully Cooper was so awesome and played with the pots and pans I had out (which distracted him from getting into the cupboards) and took awesome naps. I had a fever, sweating (not just a little but puddles and my clothes were soaked), chills, goosebumps, nausea, vomiting, aches, weakness, no appetite... seriously miserable. Today I was able to get up and around without much trouble. I called my doc and they put me on a stronger antibiotic and more meds. I was instructed to call the on call doctor if i'm not feeling better by this weekend. I'm still running a fever on and off, still chills and sweating (only not as bad), extremely weak, headache, pain over sinuses, vomiting (only once) and it only got worse once I took Cooper to his one year appointment. GRRRR I seriously couldn't be more frustrated about being so sick. Clearly, my immune system is not doing so great and could use a little boost!

Oh and they want me in at work tomorrow... :/

1 comment:

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

:( I hope you feel better soon...it is the worst being sick when you're pregnant. and it happens WAY too often for you..