Friday, October 15, 2010

Week 1 - DONE

I survived my first week of work!! That's a HUGE accomplishment considering I haven't worked in a few years, I have a sick baby at home, and my days start at 6 am. I actually enjoyed yesterday and today. My orientation the last two days have been on the floor with patients as a RN. I passed medications, dressing changes, assessments, and a bunch of random things. I even signed my name with the title "RN" next to it!! haha Today I was left alone for an hour. I think I handled everything fine. Didn't do much but enough to keep me busy. But mainly...I watched and observed.

Cooper is sick. He has a runny/stuffy nose, fever, and a raspy voice. It breaks my heart that he wants me to hold him all the time and I have to run out to work. I made Brady stay home with him today (actually... Brady agreed he needed to stay home with him). It was boss's day at work and they had something planned for him. Ooops! He had to miss it. He actually went in after I got home but he still missed his special lunch just for him. Cooper hasn't been eating too much and is super whiney. He falls over even the tiniest bit and freaks out. Yesterday I rocked him for over an hour while he relaxed and slept - I got to love on him and enjoy his snuggles.

So things are going well...just busy and different. It's hard having to do something when I used to be able to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. My dishes are piled up, laundry needs to be done, carpet needs vacuumed, and the floors need scrubbed. BUT my baby is loved, Brady is loved, and the bills are paid :)

2 comments:

Aleece said...

Congrats on passing the NCLEX and getting a job. I'm still working on that second step...haha. Cooper is getting so big and SO cute!! You have just such a cute little family! Hope all is well for you guys!

Tara said...

Way to go Kelsey! That is tough. Cute new family pics by the way. Can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving!