Monday, July 18, 2011

36 weeks

I made it to our "goal" week!! Yay!! I really didn't think this would happen but I am SO grateful it did. I have been having more contractions but still irregular. They are getting stronger and I am extremely sore in my abdomen, lower back, and groin areas. I had an appointment on Friday - the doc said I was about 2 cm dilated and about 20% effaced. He said this is good because baby is more ready (I worry about him going to NICU). It was pretty funny to me...when the doc was measuring me he kept going feeling lower, and lower, and lower until he got to my pubic bone to start the measurement of my uterus - he couldn't go any lower :) . Now this doctor has never seen me before so the look on his face was pretty silly. But really, the little guy's head has been so so low for so long...I think I am even waddling this time around!
My mom and grandma left Michigan yesterday and told me last night that they are expecting to be here by TONIGHT!! They were going to take their time and see some things on the way out and be here Wednesday or Thursday...but I guess they're just too excited to see us :)

No comments: