Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July 2011

We didn't do much...again. Every holiday I've had to work and even though I didn't work this holiday we kept it simple due to all my crazy contractions. I searched online for things to do around town on the 4th and found nothing. Not even a parade!! I'm not sure if I just didn't see one online or not but seriously...no parade?? Anyway here's our day:

- We were lazy and hung out at the house until about 11. I packed a picnic and loaded up bags to head to Shoshone Falls / Dierkes Lake.
- We went to the lake and found a place in the shade of a tree! It was beautiful and not too busy. We took Coop to the "lake" and he HATED it. He loves water but hated the sand. He kept coming up to Brady and I with his feet up wanting to be picked up. He would just stand there and cry! I did not expect that kind of reaction. He wouldn't even let me sit him down in the sand next to me. haha We then thought maybe lunch would be a good idea. Well, Cooper didn't want to just sit and eat. He wanted to run up to other groups of people and be all crazy. So we hurried up with the food and decided to leave. We were only there for an hour. AND of course I forgot the memory card to the camera! haha
- Cooper passed out on the way home and slept for a few hours. We did some cleaning and Brady took a nap too.
{Cooper watching The Sandlot}
{Coop and Mommy at 34 weeks}
- When Coop woke up we went to Sonic for some burgers and Walmart for some much needed milk and bread.
- Came home and got Cooper ready for bed. He was really tired and worn out. He slept for about an hour and then we got him up to head to fireworks. We grabbed some ice cream from McDonald's and went to find a spot to sit. Cooper enjoyed the fireworks and was pointing, saying "wow", and clapped after the big ones. He even saw the stars and was pointing at them.
- We came home and our neighbors were having a huge party. Let me tell you...some adults need to be more considerate of others and they also need to take control of their kids. But we all slept great after a LONG day.
{the Fam on the 4th!}
Next year will be better...but for now we enjoyed the weekend with just the 3 of us.

No comments: