Wednesday, March 16, 2011

oh the joys of parenthood!

Today I am grateful for:

our box fan!!

I have sensitive ears. I swear I can hear every little noise! Breathing, tapping, chewing, creaks, seriously EVERY little noise. School was extremely difficult because of the chatter, chewing, paper moving, finger tapping, computer noises, etc. Poor Brady gets the worst of it. Simple chewing, swallowing, breathing, moving, etc gets to me. And TRUST ME I have been working REALLY hard for that stuff not to bother me. But seriously, even my own breathing/chewing bothers me. Anyway, back to the reason why I'm grateful for these box fans.
- it blocks all the "noise" throughout the night. Even my non-stop thinking.
- It helped Cooper nap today!!!! Poor little guy is teething. His molars are coming in and he refuses to relax and sleep. He wants to play all day long. AND to make it worse he's going through a growth spurt. He's exhausted but won't sleep. He wants to eat NON STOP, which leaves him hungry when trying to sleep. He has a runny nose, which makes him cough every ten seconds. I've even seen him tug on his ear. BUT I plugged in the fan and after about 15 minutes he stopped laughing/giggling/jumping in bed :) And yes...he has learned jumping on the bed is fun stuff!!!


No comments: